Very few speakers offer the breadth of experience or the depth of knowledge and insight on management, leadership, and leadership development as Jay Conger does.
He always does custom design and research for his presentations.
Add to this his gift for engaging audiences and you have a truly unique offering: a broad foundation of knowledge, a strong customer focus, and superlative skills on the platform.
He is a prolific writer, having written or co-written more than 100 articles and 14 books, including The Practice of Leadership and Growing Your Company’s Leaders. Jay has a new book out on leadership dynamics in corporate boardrooms. He is working on another book that describes how leaders can maximize their potential.
Jay is very good with senior executives and has a lot of experience with executive education, for which he has won several awards. He was the top-ranked professor at USC’s core MBA program. Harvard Business School invited him to help redesign the school’s organizational behavior course around leadership issues and was ranked in the school’s top ten percent of faculty for teaching. Jay has consulted with a worldwide list of private corporations and nonprofit organizations. He is an extremely effective speaker—warm, relaxed, engaging, interactive, always sensitive to the customer’s situation and goals. He is excellent with senior executives and managers.
Jay also offers custom-researched keynotes and working seminars up to several days in length.
Jay Conger is the Henry Kravis Research Professor of Leadership Studies at Claremont McKenna College. He is also Senior Research Scientist at the Center for Effective Organizations at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and visiting Professor of Organizational Behavior at the London Business School.
- Henry Kravis Research Professor of Leadership Studies, Claremont McKenna College
- Visiting Professor of Organizational Behavior, London Business School
- Senior Research Scientist, Center for Effective Organizations, University of Southern California
- Former executive director, Leadership Institute, University of Southern California
- Associate editor, Leadership Quarterly
- Former teaching positions at Harvard Business School, INSEAD (France), and McGill University
- Two-time recipient, McGill University’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Recipient, H. Smith Richardson Fellowship, Center for Creative Leadership